Nominate Someone Who #Shines!
Our #ShineYourLight campaign highlights the individuals and organizations who are making a difference in Alaska. The goal is to raise awareness for the positive things that are happening right here, right now! Each week, we strive to focus on a different person and cause. You can help, and earn a little recognition for an organization you care about at the same time! Learn more about the process and use the form below to nominate yourself or someone you know who #Shines.
|Qualifications for Nominees
||The #ShineYourLight Process
|Who is more likely to be featured in #ShineYourLight?
- People who are making a genuine difference in Alaska.
- People who have come up with a creative way to make change, or have simply been faithful with the little things for a long time!
- People who aren’t being nominated for an organizational or political agenda.
|What happens after I submit my nominee?
- If your nominee has been selected for #ShineYourLight, they will receive an email regarding their nomination and a request to schedule a quick, 15-minute phone interview with Beacon.
- At the scheduled time, the interviewer will ask the nominee a short list of 5 questions and determine the best way to receive a photo of the nominee.
- Once a good photo has been received, Beacon will post the #ShineYourLight to the Beacon blog and Facebook page on the next available Friday in the content schedule!
If you would like to know the status of your nomination, please give us a call at (907) 563-6008.
Know someone who #Shines? Nominate them for #ShineYourLight below!