Landing Page is a term that you hear fairly often in discussions about websites and marketing techniques. There’s a very good reason for that-landing pages can be some of the most valuable assets in your digital toolkit. But exactly what they are and why you need them is more vague.
A landing page is a web page that visitors land on when they follow an offer. Designed to convert visitors to your website into leads for sales, a landing page will gather information about potential customers using a simple form.
There are two key ways that landing pages will help you.
- Landing pages can gather information like email addresses as well as lead demographics, interests, and concerns. With this information your sales team can build strong relationships with leads and keep their focus on the most qualified contacts.
- Higher conversion rates mean more customers for you and more profit potential for your business. Landing pages are your digital representative twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
A perfect landing page is not a sales pitch asking for information that the visitor doesn’t want to give up. A well designed landing page will convert at least 20% of its visitors into leads by guiding them and warming them up. Here are just a few of the jobs that landing pages can accomplish for you.
- Landing pages are an opportunity to persuade visitors that what you’re offering them has value equal to, or greater than, the information you’re asking from them.
- Landing pages offer grounded, real benefits. Not abstract features. When you have a problem you need the solution and the features don’t really matter as much.
- Landing pages help your visitors feel like they’re understood. It can show them that you know about their problem, you understand their frustration, and you can help them. Understanding leads to empathy. Empathy leads to connections.
- Landing pages will give your lead something of value in exchange for personal information. But it won’t take a lot of their time. They can get a solution or learn something new and move on with their busy schedule.
- Landing pages provide social proof of your value. Your leads will feel safer knowing that other people have done what they’re thinking of doing and benefitted from it.
- Landing pages will trigger one of the six psychological principles that influence people – scarcity. Scarcity will encourage them to act sooner rather than later.
- Landing pages point out a gap in the visitor’s knowledge and then provide a way to fill it. Curiosity can be piqued and your visitors will develop a need to know more.
- Landing pages make your leads feel important. By showing them that what you offer is important information or a valuable solution you are telling them that by association they are important and valuable as well.
A variety of different offers, targeted to a variety of different demographics will broaden your reach exponentially. Studies have shown that having more than thirty landing pages on your website will generate 7x the number of leads than websites with less than ten. Three times the number of pages with seven times the results. That’s huge!
Within seconds of viewing a landing page a visitor will have enough information to decide if they want to accept your offer and continue through the buyer’s journey with you. This split second decision can mean more leads and conversions or it can mean more bounced visitors to your site. If you don’t have enough landing pages, then you’re missing out on a plethora of opportunities to gather valuable information on potential leads.
At Beacon we can help enhance your website with effective landing pages and offers that increase leads and conversations. Give us a call at 907-563-6008 or email us at [email protected]m and let’s chat!