10 Tips For Optimizing Your Social Presence
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, whatever your favorite – All of these social media platforms are very important to, not only individuals socially, but successful businesses as well.
Just as all businesses are different, so are the uses and goals of social media. There are many purposes for social media, some of which are building brand awareness, guiding traffic to your website or blog, getting new customers, interacting with customers to receive market feedback, etc.
Facebook is one of the most popular social media sites. Nearly half of America says that Facebook is their number one influencer for their purchases. Out of all Facebook users, 63% visit the site daily. Of that 63%, 40% visit multiple times a day.
Tips for a strong Facebook presence:
- Communication is key!
- Only post 2-4 times a day
- Use Facebook Ads and Promote your posts
- Remember the 80/20 rule (80% non-promotional)
– Regarding our clients at Beacon, we’ve found Facebook to be our number one platform for return on investment.
While not as big as Facebook, Twitter can be used for different businesses. Twitter is liked with 215 million active users. The fastest growing demographic on Twitter is users ages 55- 64. However, most Twitter users don’t tweet, so engagement is important.
Tips for Tweeting:
- Tweet on the weekend & later in the evening
- Use photos in your posts
- Use hashtags
– While Twitter has not yet reached the Alaskan small business market, it’s certainly catching up.
Pinterest is less about the communication and more about other forms of connections. Women are the main users of Pinterest. Of all social media platforms, Pinterest beats Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and others for time spent on the website.
Tips for Pinning:
- Images of product, workplace, employees, and videos
- Blog posts with keywords
- Best time to pin is from 2-4pm and 1am-8pm; peak days, Thursday & Saturday
– Pinterest is the big news for 2015. We’re seeing strong results for clients who are using pinnable photos to their blogs.
If you’re interested in taking a class with us on optimizing your social media platform, feel free to reach out to us!